When you hear „McAfee”, you immediately think about one of the best antivirus software out there. The program takes its name after its creator, John McAfee, one of the pioneers of antivirus software.
Well, the company has released its latest product, McAfee Internet Security 2011, which offers anti-virus, spyware, firewall and online protection to its users. The software recognizes and easily cleans off the likes of viruses, adware, spyware, as well as those annoying rootkits. Moreover, it also features a two-way firewall, which effectively stops hackers from entering your PC.
Let’s see some more of McAfee Internet Security 2011’s offerings:
- The exclusive McAfee Active Protection technology, described by the company as revolutionary, does a good job at eliminating threats to your computer
- Improved protection agains dangerous sites with the help of the McAfee Site Advisor which tells you which websites are potentially hazardous to your computer. You’ll also be notified about those site which try to steal your ID or to gain access to other important information. The Site Advisor also gives you an ideea about the site’s rating, by compiling info from 22 popular search engines.
- Enhanced update time, as well as other performance improvements
- Real time scanning which automatically protects your PC
- Enhanced anti-spa
- Reduced memory utilization, which means better PC performance
- A completely redesigned homescreen
- QuickClean will remove junk files that clog up your PC’s memory
- The Shredder will digitally destroy files which you don’t need anymore
- This new McAfee also comes with a Disk Defragmenter
- Automatic McAfee Online Backup will store your important files on a secure remote online server, within a 1 GB limit
Just like with the previous version, McAfee offers a free 6 month license for McAfee Internet Security 2011. After the 6 months, you might want to buy the anti-virus, which costs $34.99. Anyway, here are the steps you need to take in order to gain the 6 month license:
1. Go to the McAfee Internet Security 2011 promotion page, and click on “GET STARTED NOW”.
2. You will then be redirected to the McAfee registration page, where you’ll need to create an account or to log-in, if you already have one.
3. After you do this, click on the “get my trial” button and then click on the “Download” button. It’s that easy!