After being an Xbox 360 exclusive for a month and a few days, the first DLC for Modern Warfare 2 will arrive today for PC and PS3 users alike.
As you probably know by now, the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Map Pack contains 5 multiplayer maps (3 all new and 2 remakes from the original Modern Warfare):
- Bailout – a quite big multi-storied apartment complex, this map provides an excellent setting for both close quarters (inside the apartment building) and ranged skirmishes.
- Salvage – covered in snow and exactly the opposite of Bailout, the 2nd map of the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Map Pack is made up exclusively of narrow paths and corridors. With no room for snipers and no lookin up, Salvage is a prefect map for testing you skills and reflexes.
- Storm – in this map the action takes place mostly outside but the players can take the battle into one of the warehouses, a good set up for some interesting warfare. Modern Warfare 2 that is.
- Crash – one of the remakes included in Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Pack DLC. The setting consists in a war-torn city.
- Overgrown – the 2nd remake, Overgrown takes place in an open village making it a suitable place for snipers to get jiggy with it (and I’m sure Will Smith will agree).
The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Pack DLC can be downloaded from Steam (PC) and PSN (PS3) for $14.99.
It will be interesting to see of the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Map Pack will encounter the same post-launch issues like it did a month ago, when it launched on XBox Live. It will be even more interesting how the second Modern Warfare 2 DLC will look like after the Infinity Ward disaster (i even doubt a second DLC will even be made).
While the PC version will be launched worldwide today (actually Steam says the game will unlock in about 3 hours), the PS3 version of the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Pack DLC will be released today in North America and tomorrow for the rest of the world.