The HTC Sense theme was working on iPhone running iOS 3.x, but Since the release of iOS 4.x and consequent upgradation by iDevice users to this new iOS, the HTC Sense theme also needs to be upgraded. News is in that the HTC Sense theme (looks only) is now available for iPhone 4 following in the steps of HTC Sense on the HTC Desire HD model. This version comes with improved features, including a weather widget, which keeps updating at regular intervals. With the iPhone 4’s Retina display, this theme looks just wonderful.
Before you can download and install this HTC Sense theme your iPhone must be jailbroken. (For those who do not know, it can be done using Redsn0w on iOS 4.2.1 or Limera1n on iOS 4.1.)
- Next download the Android HD Lockscreen http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QIREUBM3
- From Cydia download and install Winterboard, then OpenSSH followed by Lockscreen Clock Hide in that order.
- Download and install any SSH client for Mac or Windows. The SSH for Windows is WinSCP and for Mac it is Cyberduck.
With the essential prerequisites met, now start following the steps given below:
- WinSCP Log in to iPhone using WinSCP:Hostname: IP address of iPhone/iPad/Iphone touch;
Setting>WiFi>(Your Network Name)
User name: root; Password: alpine; Protocol: SCPCyberduck
Log in to iPhone 4 with Cyberduck:
Server: IP address of iPhone/iPad/Iphone touch
Settings > WiFi > (Your Network Name)
User name: root; Password: alpine; Protocol: SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol)
2. Next locate the AndroiHD Lockscreen file and extract to desktop of computer.
3. Use SSH client as above to go to iPhone folder private/var/stash/Themesxxx”. Drag-drop AndroiHD Lockscreen folder in this location.
4. Open this folder and click “AndroiHD.js” file. Next click “edit”
5. A new window should open up. You will have to locate the string variable YWCode=”32452” and replace the numbers with the numbers corresponding to your city. This can be done using Yahoo Weather and entering the name of the city you are in which should bring up the number sequence and this number can be inserted in the YWcode.
6. Save this file. Close SSH client. Start Winterboard on iPhone. Enable AndroiHD Lockscreen theme.
Reboot your iPhone. HTC Sense lockscreen with a working weather widget should be displayed on screen. Can’t blame you if you keep looking at it for sometime.