Lately, Verizon’s Droid Incredible keeps standing out with all sorts of surprises. After continuous discounts and special deals, it’s time for a small software upgrade. Although version 3.26.605.1 should have begun its Over-the-Air travel two days ago, Verizon exceeded its deadline with a day and users started receiving the update yesterday, November 9th. Even though the Motorola Droid Incredible has access to thousands of apps from the Android Market due to its Froyo platform, now the smartphone is blessed with V Cast access as well. This isn’t considered a step forward by every owner, as many of the V Cast apps can be matched by Android’s list, but you can avoid this if you really want to by ignoring the OTA upgrade or if you choose to root your phone obviously.
Now let’s see what benefits this new software update will bring to DInc owners, besides access to a few hundred applications from the V Cast Apps Store:
• Updated Flash Player with security enhancements
• Visual Voice Mail Wifi improvements and removal of incorrect service messages and post-call notifications
• Better support for Yahoo IMAP e-mail
• Update to Slacker Radio app
• You can attach files larger than 5MB
• Updated Cox POP3 e-mail settings
• Updated Comcast POP3 e-mail settings
• Play YouTube videos in the YouTube app
• Seamlessly switch between portrait/landscape in Google Maps
• Search key and other buttons displayed in the correct order
It isn’t much, but a software update which brings improvements and enhancements to your phone is always welcome. All that’s left to see now is when will the Droid Incredible owners receive this software version, since Verizon itself admitted that not all users are going to get the upgrade at the same time.