HTC is upgrading the Incredible! You probably already know, If not you can read about the Verizon HTC Droid Incredible upgrade here. Just as a side note, Verizon dropped their price on the HTC Droid Incredible smartphone to $149.99 after an extra $100 mail in rebates. The upgrade brings a number of new features but most notably, an adobe flash update. Now if you are a late bloomer or you didn’t receive your update as of yet and tired of waiting, there is an option where you can download it manually. Luckily for you, we have the download instructions and location. It is the same exact maintenance update except you are doing it yourself. Now the instructions are simple, so please read everything carefully before applying the update to your HTC Incredible.
1. Make sure battery is fully charged
2. Download the OTA file from Google and make sure it says Update.zip (might have to rename)
3. Copy it to the root or the base directory your SD card. Make sure you don’t put it in any other files.
4.Turn your phone off
5. Turn the phone back on while holding the volume button down
6. In the white boot loader screen, press recovery from the list
7.When the triangle with exclamation mark appears (recovery screen). Press volume up and power to go to the recovery menu.
8. In the recovery menu select apply SD card update.zip
9. After the phone finds the file it will tell you to reboot. reboot through the menu, and wait for the phone to reboot. and there you go.
*Please read all instructions before trying to do manually perform the latest OTA for HTC Droid Incredible it on your own