It has been confirmed, the Android 2.1 update for the HTC Droid Eris is now available for free download directly from trusted Google servers. We talked about HTC Droid Eris getting the new update and the unexplainable delay in an earlier article, but fortunately everything turned out well.
If you don’t want to wait for the OTA update then I think I should start telling you how to download and install the new Android 2.1 update, but first… back-up all your contacts. Ok, now lets start updating your smartphone:
- First of all we will have to download the HTC Droid Eris Android 2.1 update from a trusted Google Server.
- Rename the file to update.zip, plug in the USB cable and copy the zipped update to your microSD card.
- Turn off the phone and then press & hold the “Volume Down” button to power up the Droid Eris.
- The phone will now start searching for some files. Scroll down to Recovery and press the Power button.
- Once a warning sign (the triangle with the exclamation inside /!\ ) has appeared on the screen, simultaneously press both the Power and Home buttons.
- Select Apply sdcard:update.zip.
- When the update has completed, a message saying “Install from sdcard complete” will appear. Now you should select reboot system now and wait for your smartphone to restart.
HTC Droid Eris Finally Got The Android 2.1 Update
You have successfully updated your HTC Droid Eris to Android 2.1, have fun and if you encounter any problems, feel free to post a comment.