Are you looking for a great gaming experience where you have to use your imagination alot? LittleBigPlanet is exactly what you need, if you own a PlayStation3 that is. But we are not here to talk about the old LittleBigPlanet, we are here to talk about its sequel, the LittleBigPlanet 2 (rumored release date: winter 2010). If you don’t know what LittleBigPlanet is about, let me describe the game in three words: Play, Create, Share (this is also the game’s motto). I’m going to get into more depth and tell you what this game is really about:
– Play: you are on a planet with lots of levels, short or long, easy or hard that await to be explored.
– Create: you get to create your own games with a powerful editor.
– Share: you can share what you’ve created online with everyone.
LittleBigPlanet 2 comes with lots of exciting new features that will cause you insomnia since you won’t be able to take your mind off it and all of its possibilities.
Some of the new features are:
– An improved game engine with elements borrowed from the God of War 3 game engine.
– Advanced camera system, which allows you to play or view your creation from any point of view.
– Vehicles can be steered with the help of the PS3 motion based controller.
– 30 new developer levels with over 75 new costumes and sticker packs.
– A new power up called the Grappling Hook that transforms you in some kind of Spider-Man.
– LittleBigPlanet 2 comes with some user programmable drones called Sackbots that react to Sackboy’s (your) actions.
– The editor has some new cool and easy to use tools that allow you to create racing, shooter or strategy games and even movies without breaking a sweat. Some visual tools have been added to the editor like adjustable lighting and an improved color palette.
– Thinking about creating a movie? You can use Playstation Eye to create recorded voiceovers and then use them in your movie.
– LittleBigPlanet 2 has a longer campaign and players have the ability to link stages to create bigger levels or campaigns, so instead of being redirected to the pod, the next linked level will start.
– The game has better graphics and physics with detailed backgrounds and better texturized models, things that improve the overall experience.
These were all of the new things that we know LittleBigPlanet 2 will bring to us and from what I have seen from screenshots and trailers, this game will be above awesome. The only thing that bothers me is that LittleBigPlanet 2 will be available only for PlayStation3 and PlayStation Portable. LittleBigPlanet 2 also has a Trailer available which sums up everything I said above.