Samsung is one company on the roll, and they plan to keep it that way. Today, at IFA (a consumer electronics fair held in Berlin) the Samsung Galaxy Tab has been officially unveiled. Referred to by Samsung as a “smart media device”, this will be the first tablet device that really stands a chance against Apple’s iPad.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab will be launched (as we previously hinted) with Vodafone in the European market. The Samsung Galaxy Tab release date is October for the European market. The US release date will follow later this year.
Here are the official Samsung Galaxy Tab specs
- Android 2.2 OS with Flash support (and I know I am really curious to see how well Android fits to a tablet device)
- 7 inch TFT-LCD screen (capable of a 1024×600 resolution)
- 3 Megapixel (with LED Flash and autofocus) primary camera
- Front-facing 1.3 MP camera for video chats
- 3G + WiFi connectivity
- H.263, H.264, DivX, Xvid playback (and others)
- Samsung swears the Galaxy Tab battery will hold for about 7 hours of video playback.
So, get prepared for a lot of talk, comparisons, arguments and hype regarding the Samsung Galaxy Tab in the months to come. We’ll also come back with more info soon.