After a long wait, LG finally unveiled its T-Mobile G2X officially on March 21, 2011. For those of you not aware of it yet, this U.S version of the LG Optimus 2x runs on Android 2.2 and blazes a dual-core, 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, HSPA+ connectivity, a 4” capacitive touch screen with a brilliant resolution, and several unique features, like the ‘Need For Speed SHIFT HD’, T-Mobile TV, and the Tegra Zone. The G2X will be, in fact, T-mobile’s first smartphone to have a dual-core processor. It is also the second device to join the carrier’s higher-end G-Series lineup, following the G-Slate Tablet.
T-Mobile G2X Release Date & Price Info
With the kind of specs the T-Mobile G2X is offering, I bet most of you must be craving to have one for your pockets soon! Well, the good news is you might not have to wait for too long. We predict that the G2X release date will come this spring 2011 (money’s on April), although there are no rumors or official statements on this. As for price, nothing has been discussed anywhere till date. This section will be updated with latest info. (Hey, here’s that chance to bookmark us ).
LG T-Mobile G2X Spec Review
With LG’s G2X 4G Android Smartphone, T-mobile has taken its next big leap forward in the dual-core technology. The device offers an amazing blend of the latest innovative hardware, power of a dual-core processor, and unique pre-loaded content on a 4G network. Taking a peek at this pretty appealing Android 2.2 Froyo smartphone, one thing I can say for sure is that this ‘vanilla flavored’, Nvidia Tegra 2-powered superphone has everything that one needs to experience Android.
Taking a look at the other lovely features in this beautiful LG T-Mobile G2X, we have an 8 megapixels rear camera with autofocus and LED flash and a 1.3 mp front facing camera for T-Mobile’s Qik- powered video chats. The LG T-Mobile G2x comes with 8GB of storage space and can run multiple video file formats, although I’m nut sure that a 4” screen is best suited for watching movies.
With its HD video recorder (1080 p) and DLNA compatibility, you can now capture videos and also stream full HD content by wirelessly connecting the device to a compatible DLNA device or an HD TV. Using its gyro sensor and accelerometer, you can also enjoy a complete console-like gaming experience via HDMI mirroring.
T-Mobile G2X Unique Features
The best thing about G2X is that it jams around games and applications as if they were grass blades and the phone were the boot! Here is a brief overview of the preloaded games and applications available on the device:
- T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik: Video conversations through 4G network & Wi-Fi.
- Need for Speed SHIFT HD: An amazing racing game by EA (Electronic Arts), which offers a combination of a wide range of original race tracks, the real driver’s experience, pixel-perfect models of cars, and some real-world physics! Doesn’t that sound enthralling!
- Zinio eReader: The world’s largest newsstand online featuring over 75,000 digital magazines from around 26 different countries; allows you to search inside, shop for, read, save, and share digital content in several ways.
- DTS Ultra Mobile™: Uses DTS Envelo™ and DTS Boost™ audio technologies to offer an enriching sound experience.
- A demo of Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance – N.O.V.A.: A Sci-Fi action game from Gameloft; The player plays as an elite soldier, Kal Wardin, who is on a mission to protect all humanity from the alien threats.
- T-Mobile TV: Offers on-demand and live TV, including sports, news, full-length episodes of all your favorite shows, and much more.
Besides, the device offers over 150,000 Android applications available in integration with Google, like Google Voice, Google Goggles, and Voice Actions from Google, Google Search, Google Maps with Places and Navigation, Gmail, YouTube, Google Earth, Google Talk and so on.
Brief List of Specifications
- Size: 2.5 x 4.9 x 0.4 in.
- Weight: 5 oz.
- Included battery: Lithium Ion
- Android 2.2 Froyo OS
- Processor: 1GHz dual core NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor
- Network/Connectivity: HSPA+ Network of T-Mobile
- Band (frequency): 850 MHz;900 MHz;1800 MHz;1900 MHz; UMTS/HSPA+: AWS Band IV / 2100 / 1900 / 850
- Camera: 8 Mp with LED Flash; 1.3 mp front camera
- Swype to allow easy text input
- Memory: 8GB internal memory, 32 GB expandable memory with MicroSD card slot
- Stereo Bluetooth 2.1
- In-built 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Music player
- Adobe Flash Player
Visit T-Mobile.com-G2X by LG for detailed specifications of T-Mobile G2XTM with Google.